Picking a window treatment for your bathroom might be one of the trickiest design choices you'll need to make in your home. That's because the window treatments in your bathroom will need to withstand unique conditions. If they aren't up to the job, you'll end up ruining your window treatments and replacing them much sooner than anticipated. That means more money out of your pocket. Let's take a look at some of the factors that you'll need to take into consideration when choosing window treatments for your bathroom.
What to Consider When Choosing Window Treatments for Your Bathroom
- Humidity. This is going to be one of the most important factors you'll want to consider. That's because choosing a material that can't stand up the humidity of the bathroom can result in mildew building up. That will quickly ruin the material and you'll need to throw them away.
- Cleanliness. Bathrooms can be dirty spaces, so you want to choose materials that are easy to clean. This allows you to combat the germs that can make their home in your bathroom and help keep your family healthy.
- Privacy. You do some very private things in the bathroom, so the window treatments that you choose should help you keep the private stuff private.
- Lighting. You don't need the bright glare of the morning sun rudely shocking you awake every day. Instead, you want window treatments that can help you filter the light so you get enough to help you wake up but not enough to blind you.
- Design. Finally, you want a window treatment that coordinates with your decor. There is no point picking a window treatment that you hate looking at, so make sure it's something you love.
For all of these reasons and more, roller blinds can be the perfect additions to your bathroom windows!
Why You'll Love Roller Blinds in the Bathroom
They are great with humidity.
While you'll need to be careful with the type of fabric used on your roller blinds, in general, most of them are great for humid conditions. If you aren't covering a window that's directly over your shower or tub, then they are especially great. Look for roller blinds made from material that's moisture-resistant and can dry out quickly. If the blinds do become especially wet (maybe from a little one who was a bit too enthusiastic in the bath), then keep the blind unrolled until it's dry. That will help mitigate any damage that could be caused by the additional moisture. You'll find plenty of great moisture-resistant options for roller blinds on our website.
They are easy to clean.
Roller blinds are excellent for the bathroom environment because they are so easy to clean. Simply unroll them and wipe them down. If they need extra cleaning done to them, then you can dump them into a tub full of warm soapy water and give them a scrub. You can even wipe them down with germ-killing cleaners, so you can eliminate anything that might be on your blinds that you don't want there.
They are great at protecting your privacy.
Roller blinds are made to fit the width of your windows, so when they are closed, there is no chance that anyone can peep in the sides. They are better than sheer curtains because they entirely block out the view. If you want to leave a little bit of natural light while still obscuring the view, then look for double roller blinds that have a sun screen.
They allow you to filter (or even block out) the light.
When you don't want the morning sun blinding you, then blockout roller blinds are going to be your new favourite thing. The blockout material used on many of our blinds is made to keep all the natural and artificial light from entering the room. This is especially great if you work nights and need to keep the light out when you try to sleep. In the bathroom, it can help you filter the light to your desired levels.
They are available in many designs and colours.
Roller blinds are available in a huge variety of designs and colours so you can find something that matches your bathroom decor. We offer custom roller blinds, too, so you can get exactly the size that you need for all of the windows in your bathroom and beyond.
Some of Our Favourite Roller Blinds for the Bathroom
Looking for great roller blinds for your bathroom? Here are some of our favourites.
These grey beauties will look modern and sharp in any bathroom. This grey colour is completely on-trend with today's home decor, too.
If you have a bathroom filled with off-white fixtures, this ecru roller blind will blend in nicely. The textured pattern to the material gives is a stylish touch!
Love a clean white bathroom? These roller blinds are for you! They even come with a sunscreen and blockout later so you get total customisation on the amount of light coming into your space.
All of these blinds are currently in stock and ready to ship! Find many other options in our online store and place your order today. We offer low prices on shipping as well as competitive pricing on all of the blinds in our inventory so you can get everything you need without breaking the bank.